Bob Hope personal items to go on sale at North Hollywood church
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- Hundreds of personal items from the Toluca Lake home of the late Bob Hope and his wife, Dolores, will be on sale Saturday at St. Charles Borromeo Church in North Hollywood, a benefit for the church Dolores Hope attended for more than 70 years.
They include books, paintings and some items from Bob Hope's long movie and business career. Some will be priced as low as $10 and $20. The money raised will go to the church's Family Service Center.
"There's something in there for everybody. There's a lot of small kind of things that my mother collected. It's a lot of fun stuff," said daughter Linda Hope.
This is all part of her effort to sell the Hopes' spectacular home in Toluca Lake. She says doing all of this is difficult and she hopes fans will enjoy the items.
"It's my family and it's my life. I lived with these things and now I'm kind of saying goodbye and really comforted with the thought that people are going to enjoy them. They'll have a good thought of my mom and my dad when they see those particular items," said Linda Hope.
celebrity, entertainment, carlos granda
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)