Lindsay Lohan enters rehab at Betty Ford Center
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- After a day of limbo, actress Lindsay Lohan has finally checked into a rehab facility.
Sources confirmed to Eyewitness News that Lohan has checked into the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage.
The actress stirred controversy on Thursday when she briefly checked into a Newport Beach rehab center, which was not approved by the court.
She is required to complete 90 days in a lockdown rehab facility as part of a plea deal in a misdemeanor case regarding a June 2012 car accident in Santa Monica. She is also required to receive 18 months of psychotherapy to avoid returning to jail.
She pleaded no contest in March to lying to police and reckless driving.
Amid the controversy, Lohan has re-hired her longtime attorney Shawn Holley to handle her case. In recent months, Lohan has opted to have New York attorney Mark Jay Heller represent her.
The "Liz & Dick" star has spent time at Betty Ford before when she served another mandatory rehab sentence at the treatment center - although her stay there was not without drama.
The 26-year-old got into an altercation with a worker at the facility and within weeks of her release, she was charged with taking a necklace from a Venice jewelry store without permission. Lohan remains on probation in the theft case.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, legal, entertainment
- Covina shooting: Adult, 4-year-old girl hurt 22 min ago
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found 48 min ago
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- World Cup: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Banksy's 'Flower Girl' auctioned off at $209K
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson talks baby names (Video)