Disneyland 'All-Nighter' marks start of summer, opening of new attractions
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Disneyland kicked off the unofficial start of summer by holding the Monstrous "All-Nighter" event in Anaheim.
Doors opened at 6 a.m., and some die-hard Disney fans lined up as early as 9 p.m. Thursday.
The 24-hours of fun-filled fright is courtesy of the gang from Disney-Pixar's "Monsters University."
Characters Mike and Sulley plan to drop in to help scare up some school spirit. You can join them and take in the latest and greatest thrills, including a few new surprises - like a pajama party in Toontown and a dance party in Tomorrowland.
Fantasy Faire is a new storybook village where guest can meet and greet their favorite princesses and see the stories behind Belle from "Beauty and the Beast" and Rapunzle from "Tangled."
Opening Saturday in the Fantasyland Theatre is "Mickey and the Magical Map." The new live show represents a return of Disney storytelling.
For those who woke up early to stay at the park late, being able to take their time and still see everything Disneyland has to offer is the real treat.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
disney theme park, entertainment
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks