Disneyland 'All-Nighter' marks start of summer, opening of new attractions
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Disneyland kicked off the unofficial start of summer by holding the Monstrous "All-Nighter" event in Anaheim.
Doors opened at 6 a.m., and some die-hard Disney fans lined up as early as 9 p.m. Thursday.
The 24-hours of fun-filled fright is courtesy of the gang from Disney-Pixar's "Monsters University."
Characters Mike and Sulley plan to drop in to help scare up some school spirit. You can join them and take in the latest and greatest thrills, including a few new surprises - like a pajama party in Toontown and a dance party in Tomorrowland.
Fantasy Faire is a new storybook village where guest can meet and greet their favorite princesses and see the stories behind Belle from "Beauty and the Beast" and Rapunzle from "Tangled."
Opening Saturday in the Fantasyland Theatre is "Mickey and the Magical Map." The new live show represents a return of Disney storytelling.
For those who woke up early to stay at the park late, being able to take their time and still see everything Disneyland has to offer is the real treat.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
disney theme park, entertainment
- Fallbrook bus crash leaves 1 dead, 22 hurt 6 min ago
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 10 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 80+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- 14 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found 6 min ago
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game 53 min ago
- Honda tops IIHS list of safest new cars
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal 1 min ago
- Willie Nelson, Daft Punk to perform at Grammys
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis