Bieber confronted by Keyshawn Johnson over reckless driving
CALABASAS, Calif. (KABC) -- Justin Bieber may be in trouble again. Former NFL star Keyshawn Johnson and other neighbors say the singer is putting their kids in danger by using their gated community in Calabasas as a racetrack.
The star was accused of speeding and driving erratically through his gated Calabasas neighborhood Monday in the middle of a Memorial Day barbecue where kids were present. Witnesses said Bieber was behind the wheel of his white Ferrari.
Johnson lives near Bieber and swooped up his kids when the cars zipped past. The former NFL star's representative says the wide receiver followed Bieber to his house and blocked Bieber's car from leaving.
The representative says Johnson confronted Bieber while the singer was still in the car but he refused to get out of his Ferrari. That's when neighbors called the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department to report the incident.
"He was seen by at least two eyewitnesses driving his white Ferrari at a high and alarming rate of speed and so they called us and we went out and we talked to the witnesses," said Steve Whitemore, spokesman for the L.A. County Sheriff's Department. "When we attempted to talk to Mr. Bieber, we were told, on advice from his attorney, that he declined to speak with us."
Bieber's representative says Bieber was not in the car. He says his friend rapper Tyler, The Creator was driving. The sheriff's department, however, says the witness accounts are pretty definitive.
The incident is being investigated as misdemeanor reckless driving. The sheriff's department is waiting to gather surveillance video but plans to present the case to the district attorney sometime this week.
Bieber has had a string of driving-related problems with the law. He was cited for driving his Fisker sports car more than 100 mph last summer on the 134 Freeway.
In March, he was involved in a confrontation with one of his neighbors who complained about Bieber speeding through the neighborhood.
celebrity, entertainment, rob hayes
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'