Justin Bieber cleared in Hollywood crash investigation
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Justin Bieber has been cleared of any fault in a traffic collision investigation in Hollywood, Los Angeles police say.
Police say the incident happened in the 8000 block of Sunset Boulevard near the Laugh Factory around 11:45 p.m. Monday.
Paparazzi were on scene taking pictures of Bieber as he left the Laugh Factory and drove away. According to the LAPD, a pedestrian walked onto the roadway, making the pedestrian at fault. Los Angeles City Fire says one person was transported from that location to a local hospital. The person's condition and the extent of their injuries are unknown.
Police did catch up to Bieber and questioned him in the incident. The incident was initially reported as a hit-and-run accident, but police are calling it a traffic collision. Police say Bieber is not facing any charges.
Bieber has been under fire recently for allegedly driving too fast in his Ferrari through his residential neighborhood in Calabasas. He was even confronted about it by NFL star Keyshawn Johnson.
The singer's representative says Bieber was not in the car during that incident, but the sheriff's department says witnesses dispute that. Bieber could face misdemeanor charges in that incident.
Last summer, Bieber was also cited for driving his Fisker Karma more than 100 mph on the 134 Freeway.
celebrity, hit and run, hollywood, entertainment, melissa macbride
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Fontana suspect found after escaping from police 6 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...
- Stress management tip - call your doctor
56 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
51 min ago