'Chicago' at Hollywood Bowl: Drew Carey, Lucy Lawless in cast
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The cast for the Hollywood Bowl's production of "Chicago" was announced, and it includes Drew Carey, Lucy Lawless and more.
Carey was cast as Amos, Lawless as Mama Morton, Samantha Barks as Velma and Stephen Moyer as Billy Flynn. According to a statement released on Friday, casting for the role of Roxie Hart will be announced at a later date.
Barks made her big screen debut in the film adaptation of the long-running musical, "Les Miserables." Her performance as Eponine received nominations for the Screen Actors Guild Award, Satellite Award, Broadcast Film Critics Association Award and the National Board of Review Award.
Carey is the host of the game show, "The Price is Right" and is also known for his TV series, "The Drew Carey Show" and "Whose Line is it Anyway?"
Moyer currently stars in the hit HBO series "True Blood." His film credits include "Priest," "The Double," "88 Minutes" and "Quills."
The musical, directed by Broadway veteran Brooke Shields, will run at the iconic Los Angeles venue for only three performances - July 26, 27 and 28.
Shields has starred in "Chicago" both on Broadway and in London's West End. The Hollywood Bowl production marks her directorial debut. Tickets are available at www.hollywoodbowl.com.
theater news, hollywood bowl, entertainment
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 49 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break