'Chicago' at Hollywood Bowl: Drew Carey, Lucy Lawless in cast
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The cast for the Hollywood Bowl's production of "Chicago" was announced, and it includes Drew Carey, Lucy Lawless and more.
Carey was cast as Amos, Lawless as Mama Morton, Samantha Barks as Velma and Stephen Moyer as Billy Flynn. According to a statement released on Friday, casting for the role of Roxie Hart will be announced at a later date.
Barks made her big screen debut in the film adaptation of the long-running musical, "Les Miserables." Her performance as Eponine received nominations for the Screen Actors Guild Award, Satellite Award, Broadcast Film Critics Association Award and the National Board of Review Award.
Carey is the host of the game show, "The Price is Right" and is also known for his TV series, "The Drew Carey Show" and "Whose Line is it Anyway?"
Moyer currently stars in the hit HBO series "True Blood." His film credits include "Priest," "The Double," "88 Minutes" and "Quills."
The musical, directed by Broadway veteran Brooke Shields, will run at the iconic Los Angeles venue for only three performances - July 26, 27 and 28.
Shields has starred in "Chicago" both on Broadway and in London's West End. The Hollywood Bowl production marks her directorial debut. Tickets are available at www.hollywoodbowl.com.
theater news, hollywood bowl, entertainment
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 53 min ago
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled 10 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis