Chris Brown charged with misdemeanor hit-and-run in Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- R&B singer Chris Brown is facing criminal charges in connection to a traffic accident last month, according to the Los Angeles city attorney's office.
Officials say misdemeanor charges of hit and run and driving without a valid license were filed against Brown for a minor accident that happened on May 21 in the San Fernando Valley.
Brown is due in court for an arraignment hearing on July 15. Brown could face up to a year in jail if convicted.
The singer is still on probation for assaulting his then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009.
Brown spoke out about the charges through a series of Tweets, saying, "It's not a hit and run if u get out the car, exchange information (who has NO DAMAGE to either cars). This is really ridiculous."
"She contacted the cops thinking of a payday from Chris Brown when I followed the proper procedures," Brown Tweeted. "My lawyers will be contacting you. I will not stand for this bullying and yellow journalism!"
- CO school shooting suspect dead, says sheriff 1 min ago
- Car bomb plot thwarted at Kansas airport 40 min ago
- Body found near East Los Angeles College
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park 39 min ago
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- 2nd woman in purported mercy killings ID'd
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Mom with cancer inspires daughter's friend
- Bruno Mars named Billboard's 2013 top artist
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'