Kyra Sedgwick chops off fingertip in kitchen mishap
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Emmy Award-winning actress Kyra Sedgwick is on the mend after a frightening mishap in the kitchen, where she cut off the tip of her finger.
The 47-year-old actress' husband, actor Kevin Bacon, posted pictures of his wife on his WhoSay account June 29 after the incident, which occurred while she was chopping greens.
In one picture, Sedgwick looked glum on a hospital bed with her finger wrapped in bloody bandages.
Under the emergency room picture, Bacon wrote "Kale isn't always healthy if you chop the end of your finger off."
The second photo shows her giving a thumbs-up sign once back at home. In the caption, Bacon wrote "My baby is fine. All good. Still can't find the tip of that finger."
ABC News contributed to this report.
celebrity, accident, entertainment
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez's sexy new music video