Kyra Sedgwick chops off fingertip in kitchen mishap
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Emmy Award-winning actress Kyra Sedgwick is on the mend after a frightening mishap in the kitchen, where she cut off the tip of her finger.
The 47-year-old actress' husband, actor Kevin Bacon, posted pictures of his wife on his WhoSay account June 29 after the incident, which occurred while she was chopping greens.
In one picture, Sedgwick looked glum on a hospital bed with her finger wrapped in bloody bandages.
Under the emergency room picture, Bacon wrote "Kale isn't always healthy if you chop the end of your finger off."
The second photo shows her giving a thumbs-up sign once back at home. In the caption, Bacon wrote "My baby is fine. All good. Still can't find the tip of that finger."
ABC News contributed to this report.
celebrity, accident, entertainment
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse 13 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 17 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Man barricaded in Whittier apartment building 57 min ago
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts