Elisabeth Hasselbeck leaving 'The View' to join 'FOX and Friends'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Elisabeth Hasselbeck is leaving "The View" and joining the Fox News morning show "FOX and Friends" as a co-host, ABC confirmed Tuesday.
Wednesday will be Hasselbeck's last day on "The View."
Hasselbeck, considered a conservative co-host on "The View," will join Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade in September.
Barbara Walters recently announced her May 2014 retirement from the show. Joy Behar also recently left the morning talk show.
There was no immediate word on who would replace Hasselbeck.
"When Elisabeth survived 'Survivor' we wanted to make sure she would stay afloat. We have had 10 wonderful years with her and she will now be swimming in new waters. We will miss her and wish her everything good," said Walters.
ABC released a statement: "For a decade, Elisabeth Hasselbeck has brought her passion and strong beliefs to 'The View.' We watched her journey from newlywed to motherhood, an Emmy(R) Award-winning talk show host, author, entrepreneur and activist. She stood behind her political views even if they were not the most popular opinions at the table never shying away from voicing a difficult question. We thank Elisabeth and wish her luck as she begins this new chapter of her career."
celebrity, television, entertainment
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Idaho school bus crash: 1 child killed, 4 hurt 8 min ago
- Bratton picked as NYPD commissioner again
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Manhattan Toy Quixel baby rattles recalled 23 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- OTRC: Beyonce posts bikini pics, goes on vegan diet