Elisabeth Hasselbeck leaves 'The View,' shows love for co-hosts
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Elisabeth Hasselbeck left her current job for a different "view." Wednesday was her last day on the ABC daytime talk show.
Hasselbeck showed no hard feelings toward her colleagues, who she worked with for nearly a decade.
She spent several minutes thanking the viewers and her co-hosts and other co-workers.
She thanked the show's executive producer, Bill Geddie, for challenging her and telling her to "never be fearful of voicing my opinion."
She noted that she spent some 3,000 days working with show creator Barbara Walters, an experience she likened to a master's class in communications and journalism. She said Whoopi Goldberg was as loving as she was talented and that she had "an insane amount of respect" for Behar.
"I even like it when Joy has been able to throw a one-liner in and make me laugh even when I don't want to," she said.
Sherri Shepherd, he show's other cast member, was away on Wednesday.
The show also faces the loss of Behar this fall and Walters is retiring from television next year. Although former Playboy playmate Jenny McCarthy is widely considered a top candidate to join the show, Walters said Wednesday that the show will take its time naming replacements. There will be a series of guest hosts, which usually amounts to on-air auditions.
Hasselbeck's exit came less than 24 hours after it was announced she will join Fox News Channel and the "Fox & Friends" morning show in September.
Hasselbeck became well-known after a stint on the reality TV show, "Survivor."
At the end of Wednesday's episode, Hasselbeck sat unsmiling as Behar made a joke about Walters being a lesbian and attracted to Hasselbeck. She was clear-eyed as Walters appeared near tears telling her to "enjoy the view" at Fox.
celebrity, television, entertainment
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 2 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- UCSB meningitis: Fund for amputee student
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Identical triplets born to Sacramento couple
- Bynes leaves inpatient treatment, says lawyer
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K
- OTRC: Benedict Cumberbatch recites R. Kelly lyrics