Cory Monteith found dead; autopsy expected
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (KABC) -- Canadian authorities are expected to conduct an autopsy Monday on "Glee" actor Cory Monteith.
The 31-year-old was found dead in his Vancouver hotel room Saturday. No foul play is suspected.
The BC Coroners Service is performing the autopsy. There was no obvious cause of death noted at the scene, so autopsy and toxicology tests are necessary to help determine the cause of death, BC Coroners Service said.
The results are not expected for several days.
Monteith spoke openly many times about his substance abuse problems. In 2011, he told Parade magazine that he was "lucky to be alive." He checked himself into rehab in April. It was not Monteith's first time in rehab. He also received treatment when he was 19.
Outside the Vancouver hotel where Monteith's body was discovered, a makeshift memorial popped up where fans left flowers and notes commemorating the actor. #RipCoryMonteith and #StayStrongLea became trending topics on Twitter.
Meantime, authorities continue to talk to his friends, trying to piece together the last hours of his life.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, famous death, entertainment
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Blind man, dog safe after subway track fall
25 min ago