Kanye West scuffles with paparazzi at LAX
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police were investigating an alleged assault involving hip hop artist Kanye West and a cameraman at Los Angeles International Airport Friday.
Cameras were rolling as the 36-year-old rapper arrived at the Bradley Terminal Friday afternoon.
The scuffle occurred after a paparazzo reportedly questioned West. Video shows the star moving in, grabbing the man, and appearing to punch him. West is then seen attempting to grab the man's camera before pulling him to the ground and leaving the terminal moments later.
The unidentified man flagged down airport police and reported the incident. He was treated at the scene by paramedics.
The Los Angeles District Attorney's Office says it hasn't received any police paperwork on the incident yet. LAX Police Sgt. Steve Savala said that numerous witnesses had been interviewed about the incident to compile a report.
West has had similar run-ins with paparazzi at LAX before. In 2008, the rap star and his manager Don Crowley were arrested and booked on suspicion of felony vandalism after apparently helping smash a paparazzo's camera on the floor.
celebrity, fight, caught on tape, los angeles international airport, entertainment
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 31 min ago
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa. 27 min ago
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours 22 min ago
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors