Kanye West scuffles with paparazzi at LAX
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police were investigating an alleged assault involving hip hop artist Kanye West and a cameraman at Los Angeles International Airport Friday.
Cameras were rolling as the 36-year-old rapper arrived at the Bradley Terminal Friday afternoon.
The scuffle occurred after a paparazzo reportedly questioned West. Video shows the star moving in, grabbing the man, and appearing to punch him. West is then seen attempting to grab the man's camera before pulling him to the ground and leaving the terminal moments later.
The unidentified man flagged down airport police and reported the incident. He was treated at the scene by paramedics.
The Los Angeles District Attorney's Office says it hasn't received any police paperwork on the incident yet. LAX Police Sgt. Steve Savala said that numerous witnesses had been interviewed about the incident to compile a report.
West has had similar run-ins with paparazzi at LAX before. In 2008, the rap star and his manager Don Crowley were arrested and booked on suspicion of felony vandalism after apparently helping smash a paparazzo's camera on the floor.
celebrity, fight, caught on tape, los angeles international airport, entertainment
- Charges announced against sheriff's officials 46 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death 8 min ago
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank 36 min ago
- Pomona gang member arrested for murder
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke