'Piolin por la Manana' canceled by Univision
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Univision Radio Network has dropped the wildly popular Spanish language morning radio talk show, "Piolin por la Manana."
The show is hosted by Southern-California based Eddie "Piolin" Sotelo. So far, no reason has been given for why the show is being dropped, though the Los Angeles Times said the show had been eclipsed in the competitive market.
The show airs on dozens of radio stations in more than 20 states, and made its reputation with satirical sketches, commentary, wordplay and interjections by wacky characters.
In addition to his program's madhouse style, Sotelo used his popularity to urge his audience to turn out for immigration reform events and to push Hispanics to wield their clout in elections.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 14 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church 9 min ago
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 27 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis