New 'World of Color' holiday show for Disney California Adventure
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A holiday light show called "World of Color - Winter Dreams" will debut at Disney California Adventure Park on November 15, Disney announced Thursday.
"World of Color - Winter Dreams" is a new holiday version of the "World of Color" after-dark light show combining color and light presented on a "stage" of water. New special effects are also in store.
The show combines new animation with classic winter scenes from such Disney films as "Bambi," "Fantasia" and "Toy Story," as well as new character "Olaf the Snowman" from the upcoming Disney feature "Frozen."
"World of Color" opened in Disney California Adventure in 2010. The nighttime show features animation projected on nearly 1,200 powerful fountains, creating a "screen."
The Disneyland Resort will also feature its annual themed entertainment, including decorations, treats, shopping, fireworks and a holiday snowfall, as well as a visit from Santa Claus.
There will be expanded holiday hours at both Disneyland Resort theme parks.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
disney theme park, Walt Disney Co., entertainment
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film