Peter Falk posthumously honored with star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Friends and family gathered in Hollywood Thursday to celebrate Emmy award-winning actor Peter Falk. He was posthumously awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Colleagues including Ron Perlman, Kevin Pollak, Paul Reiser, Ed Begley Jr., Dick Van Dyke, Joe Mantegna and Dan Lauria were part of the all-star crowd.
Mantegna said the one person who wouldn't have wanted to be here: Peter Falk. Accolades embarrassed him.
"The only way we could have gotten him here would have been to tell him it was to do extensive rehearsals for it," said Mantegna.
Falk's friends are happy in the knowledge that his fans can now pay tribute to the actor.
"They can walk down this boulevard and glance down and be able to say, 'Hey, I know that actor. He's the one that made me laugh, made me cry, made me think.' The star is not for you, Peter. It's for them, your fans," said Mantegna.
The star is located next to that of Errol Flynn and Mantegna's own star.
"I hope you'll forgive my selfishness, Peter, but when I was asked where we'd like yours to be placed, I felt this was the one chance I had to be between two of my idols," said Mantegna.
Falk was selected to receive a star in 1991, but never scheduled a ceremony. He died in 2011 at the age of 83.
celebrity, entertainment, george pennacchio
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 20 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car 39 min ago
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 1 min ago
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead 47 min ago
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis