Cory Monteith memorial held for 'Glee' crew
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Glee" actress Lea Michele and the show creator organized a memorial Thursday for Cory Monteith to give the cast and crew a change to say goodbye.
Michele, Monteith's girlfriend, and show creator Ryan Murphy gathered the show's cast and crew, and they shared memories and music in "an emotional celebration" of Monteith's life, according to Twentieth Century Fox Television.
"Glee" begins its fifth season on Sept. 26, a week later than originally scheduled. The show will air a tribute episode honoring Monteith that will address the death of his character, Finn, Murphy earlier revealed.
The 31-year-old actor had been on the show since it began in 2009, playing the quarterback of the football team who joins the glee club.
Monteith was found dead in a Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room on July 13. His death was ruled an overdose of heroin and alcohol.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, famous death, entertainment
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster 31 min ago
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior 52 min ago
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour