Cory Monteith memorial held for 'Glee' crew
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Glee" actress Lea Michele and the show creator organized a memorial Thursday for Cory Monteith to give the cast and crew a change to say goodbye.
Michele, Monteith's girlfriend, and show creator Ryan Murphy gathered the show's cast and crew, and they shared memories and music in "an emotional celebration" of Monteith's life, according to Twentieth Century Fox Television.
"Glee" begins its fifth season on Sept. 26, a week later than originally scheduled. The show will air a tribute episode honoring Monteith that will address the death of his character, Finn, Murphy earlier revealed.
The 31-year-old actor had been on the show since it began in 2009, playing the quarterback of the football team who joins the glee club.
Monteith was found dead in a Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room on July 13. His death was ruled an overdose of heroin and alcohol.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, famous death, entertainment
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Budget deal: Liberals, conservatives grumbling 46 min ago
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders 29 min ago
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
52 min ago