Derek Hough singing with California Philharmonic
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Derek Hough is a "Dancing With The Stars" four-time champion, but this weekend, he's waltzing his way into a new challenge. He will be singing with the California Philharmonic.
Hough says he's nervous, but he's thrilled for the opportunity.
"Throwing myself in the deep end, but I'm very excited about it. I feel very blessed and honored to be able to play with such an amazing orchestra," Hough said.
Hough will perform two songs, but you know it won't end there. The name of the two weekend concerts is Dance Fever.
He and Emma Slater, a member of the "Dancing With The Stars" troupe, will dance on stage surrounded by the Philharmonic.
"We feel united. It feels like a big troupe on stage rather than just a massive stage with two people dancing in the middle of it," Slater said.
The California Philharmonic is happy to have Hough into the mix. The concerts will also feature classical music and everything from Elvis to Abba. But the maestro, Victor Vener, is a fan of "Dancing With The Stars" and Hough in particular.
"He's magnificent and I wanted him to be the first to dance ballroom with the orchestra because I respect not only his work as a dancer but as a choreographer," Vener said.
Hough says he's aiming to make his part of the show fun, and it sounds like he already has.
You can check out Dance Fever Saturday night at the Santa Anita Racetrack or Sunday afternoon at Walt Disney Concert Hall. For more information, visit http://www.calphil.org/tickets/individual-tickets/.
celebrity, music news, dancing with the stars, entertainment, george pennacchio
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 24 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash 59 min ago
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen 15 min ago
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 films to be preserved
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds