Celine Dion awarded highest Order of Canada
QUEBEC CITY (KABC) -- The Canadian government bestowed one of its highest honors to pop superstar Celine Dion and her husband-manager René Angelil during a ceremony in Quebec City Friday.
Governor General David Johnston presented the insignia of member of the order of Canada to Angelil after he was appointed a member last November.
Dion was given the insignia of companion of the order of Canada.
The high honor came on the eve of Dion's major concert Saturday in Quebec City.
The show is her only concert performance scheduled outside of Las Vegas this year.
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise 20 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 26 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls 2 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights 26 min ago
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book