Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley to host CMA Awards for 6th year
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley have found a niche for themselves: For the sixth consecutive year, the duo will co-host the CMA Awards.
The announcement was made on "CMA Music Festival: Country's Night to Rock," which aired on Monday night.
"Carrie and Brad are the consummate hosts," said Ed Hardy, president of the CMA board of directors, in a statement. "They have the respect of our industry, artistic credibility, critical acclaim, and a quick-witted, genuine rapport that makes them popular with our audience and the viewers at home."
The 47th annual CMA Awards will take place Nov. 6 on ABC7. The show will air live from Bridgestone Arena in Nashville.
award shows, entertainment
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air 16 min ago
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast 39 min ago
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million 48 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians