'Piolin' getting own channel on SiriusXM
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Spanish-language radio broadcaster Eddie "Piolin" Sotelo is getting his own channel on SiriusXM, just a few weeks after Univision canceled his long-running show amid sexual harassment accusations.
The channel will be anchored by "El Show de Piolin," a four-hour morning show that Sotelo will broadcast from Los Angeles. The show will include discussion of current events, interviews with celebrity guests, listener call-ins, pranks and music. The channel and show will launch later this year.
"I am honored SiriusXM believes in me. As I tell my listeners, 'We came to succeed.' And now, as we step up to a new level, I will be doing that on the biggest radio platform possible," said Sotelo.
Univision canceled the Mexican-born radio broadcaster's show in July after Alberto Cortez, a writer, performer and producer for the show, alleged that Sotelo had sexually harassed him. Sotelo has denied the allegations.
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash 36 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside 27 min ago
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Obama to preserve California federal lands 23 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video