Michael Jackson trial: Debbie Rowe returns to witness stand
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Michael Jackson's ex-wife Debbie Rowe was back on the witness stand Thursday, testifying under subpoena in the singer's wrongful death trial.
Rowe testified that Jackson had a phobia of pain and needles, and trusted doctors. Jurors heard about two incidents at a hotel suite in Germany when, according to Rowe, doctors administrated propofol to Jackson so that he could sleep between his concert performances.
AEG's defense says the incidents show that Jackson developed a practice of using propofol years before he met Dr. Conrad Murray or contemplated a comeback tour.
The plaintiffs say that AEG executives were aware of Jackson's stint in rehab and should have monitored him more closely.
Wednesday, Rowe testified that Jackson's use of pain meds started with an accident in 1984, when his scalp burned while filming a Pepsi commercial.
In the final hour of Rowe's testimony, jurors also heard about the suffering of the Jackson children. Rowe spoke to the attempted suicide of her daughter, Paris, just months ago.
"I almost lost my daughter," said Rowe, sobbing. "She is devastated. She has no life. She doesn't know she has a life anymore."
The AEG defense continues presenting its case Friday, when they will call another doctor to the stand.
Rowe, a former nurse assistant, was married to Jackson for three years. She's the mother of Prince and Paris Jackson.
Jackson's three children and his mother, Katherine, are suing AEG, the promoter of what was supposed to be his comeback tour. The suit claims AEG failed to investigate Murray, who gave Jackson a lethal dose of propofol. AEG denies any responsibility for Jackson's death.
legal, celebrity, court case, entertainment
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 5
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons