Andy Cohen boycotting Miss Universe pageant in Russia over country's anti-gay laws
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Bravo's Andy Cohen says he's not returning to co-host this year's Miss Universe pageant because he's not setting foot in Russia.
The openly-gay television personality has co-hosted the pageant for the past two years, but he told E! News he'll boycott the show this year over safety concerns.
Russian President Vladimir Putin recently implemented harsh anti-gay laws, and Cohen says those policies make it unsafe for gays who live there and those who just visit.
There is currently a petition urging the Miss Universe organization to move the November pageant out of Russia.
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial 23 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 2 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested 13 min ago
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke