David Cassidy arrested for drunk driving
SCHODACK, N.Y. (KABC) -- David Cassidy, best known for his role in the 1970s musical sitcom "The Partridge Family," was arrested in upstate New York for driving under the influence.
The 63-year-old was stopped by officers on drunken driving detail with the Schodack Police Department shortly after midnight Wednesday.
Cassidy was arrested for driving while intoxicated and failing to dim his headlights. Tests showed his blood-alcohol content at .10, higher than the state's legal limit of .08.
Cassidy was arraigned and remanded to Rensselaer County Jail in lieu of $2,500 bail. The former teen heartthrob is scheduled to return to court on Sept. 4.
The charge is a felony because Cassidy has a 2011 conviction for driving under the influence in Florida. He lives in Fort Lauderdale but is staying in upstate New York for a racing meet in Saratoga.
celebrity, dui, arrest, entertainment
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Help Garth stuff busses full of toys in Ontario
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate