David Cassidy arrested for drunk driving
SCHODACK, N.Y. (KABC) -- David Cassidy, best known for his role in the 1970s musical sitcom "The Partridge Family," was arrested in upstate New York for driving under the influence.
The 63-year-old was stopped by officers on drunken driving detail with the Schodack Police Department shortly after midnight Wednesday.
Cassidy was arrested for driving while intoxicated and failing to dim his headlights. Tests showed his blood-alcohol content at .10, higher than the state's legal limit of .08.
Cassidy was arraigned and remanded to Rensselaer County Jail in lieu of $2,500 bail. The former teen heartthrob is scheduled to return to court on Sept. 4.
The charge is a felony because Cassidy has a 2011 conviction for driving under the influence in Florida. He lives in Fort Lauderdale but is staying in upstate New York for a racing meet in Saratoga.
celebrity, dui, arrest, entertainment
- Funeral services to begin for LAPD Officer Lee 26 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Kim Kardashian wears sister Kylie's bikini