Jane Lynch gets Hollywood Walk of Fame star
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Emmy-winning actress Jane Lynch received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame Wednesday, calling it a dream come true.
The Illinois native recalled visiting the Walk of Fame for the first time 20 years ago, rushing to find Greta Garbo's star and taking a picture with it.
"Maybe in 50 years, there will be some kid from a small town in Illinois" taking a picture with her star, she said.
Lynch received the 2,505th star and was joined by "Glee" creator Ryan Murphy and Christopher Guest, who directed her in the films "Best in Show," "A Mighty Wind" and "For Your Consideration."
"What I felt about Jane on that first day of work back in the day has remained consistent a decade and a half later. She is the hardest working person on the set. She is incredibly upbeat and enthusiastic. She makes everybody better and everybody happier," Murphy said.
The 53-year-old actress won the outstanding supporting actress in a comedy series Emmy in 2010, the same year she received an outstanding guest actress in a comedy series nomination for her recurring role as psychiatrist Linda Freeman on "Two and a Half Men."
Lynch also received Emmy nominations for her work on "Glee" in 2011 and is a nominee for this year's ceremony, which will be held Sept. 22.
Her other television credits include "Criminal Minds," "The New Adventures of Old Christine," "Party Down," "Desperate Housewives," "Weeds" and "The L Word." In films, Lynch has appeared in "Julie & Julia," "Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story," "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby," "The 40-Year Old Virgin," "The Three Stooges" and "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events."
City News Service contributed to this report.
celebrity, hollywood, entertainment
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests 7 min ago
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
1 min ago