Lindsay Lohan's mom arrested on DWI charge in NY
FARMINGDALE, N.Y. (KABC) -- Actress Lindsay Lohan's mother is facing some trouble of her own after being arrested for driving drunk in New York.
Dina Lohan was stopped around 11 p.m. Thursday after authorities clocked her BMW at 77 mph in a 55-mph zone on the Northern State Parkway in Nassau County.
Police say a breath test showed the 50-year-old had a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.20 percent, which amounts to more than twice New York's legal limit of 0.08.
Lohan was brought to state police barracks in Farmingdale, issued tickets for driving while intoxicated and speeding and then released to a "sober third party," police said in a news release.
She claimed she was hurt during the arrest, so police called an ambulance and had medics examine her. No injuries were found and Lohan later recanted the claim.
The traffic stop happened about 25 miles east of New York City and about nine miles from Lohan's home in Merrick.
She is due in court Sept. 24.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
dui, arrest, celebrity, entertainment
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 20 min ago
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale 32 min ago
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 5 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)