Lindsay Lohan's mom arrested on DWI charge in NY
FARMINGDALE, N.Y. (KABC) -- Actress Lindsay Lohan's mother is facing some trouble of her own after being arrested for driving drunk in New York.
Dina Lohan was stopped around 11 p.m. Thursday after authorities clocked her BMW at 77 mph in a 55-mph zone on the Northern State Parkway in Nassau County.
Police say a breath test showed the 50-year-old had a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.20 percent, which amounts to more than twice New York's legal limit of 0.08.
Lohan was brought to state police barracks in Farmingdale, issued tickets for driving while intoxicated and speeding and then released to a "sober third party," police said in a news release.
She claimed she was hurt during the arrest, so police called an ambulance and had medics examine her. No injuries were found and Lohan later recanted the claim.
The traffic stop happened about 25 miles east of New York City and about nine miles from Lohan's home in Merrick.
She is due in court Sept. 24.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
dui, arrest, celebrity, entertainment
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate? 52 min ago
- Azusa cheerleader dies from rare lung cancer
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics 47 min ago
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Photos: 'Modern Family' home selling for $2.35M
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)