Kanye West charged with misdemeanors in LAX scuffle with photographer
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Kanye West faces charges of battery and attempted grand theft following a scuffle with a photographer at Los Angeles International Airport.
The key evidence in the case is video shot by a celebrity photographer Daniel Ramos, who confronted and questioned West as he left the airport July 19.
Ramo filed a lawsuit. He claims the rap star grabbed him, pulled him down and wrestled his camera to the ground during the incident.
Arraignment is scheduled for Oct. 10 but West is not required to appear if he has an attorney.
Prosecutors declined to file felony charges against West, but city prosecutors decided to pursue misdemeanor charges. Each carries a penalty of up to six months in jail or a $1,000 fine.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
caught on tape, celebrity, legal, entertainment
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 2 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members 15 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Brokechella festival held in downtown LA
20 min ago