Britney Spears announces Las Vegas concert show
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Britney Spears will be a headline act in Las Vegas. The pop star made the big announcement on "Good Morning America" Tuesday.
The 31-year-old will have a show at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino. "Britney: Piece of Me" will debut in December.
Spears announced 16 dates but will perform 15 shows each next year and in 2015.
The Grammy-winning singer's confirmation about the residency comes months after rumors swirled online. She told "GMA" the show will feature her greatest hits as well as new material. She added that she is training five hours each day.
Tickets go on sale Friday. Prices range from $59 to $179.
Spears, who debuted on the music scene in 1999, has released seven platinum-plus albums. She has more than a dozen Top 10 hits, including "Toxic," ''Gimme More" and "Oops!... I Did It Again."
celebrity, music news, abc, entertainment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 45 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 21 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
43 min ago