Julianne Moore receives star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Hollywood's latest Walk of Fame honor went to actress Julianne Moore, whose career includes four Oscar nominations and Primetime and Daytime Emmys.
Moore received the 2,507th star on the sidewalk outside the W Hollywood Hotel on Hollywood Boulevard. She was lauded by filmmaker Jay Roach and co-stars of her two most recent films: Chloe Grace Mortez from the thriller "Carrie" and Joseph Gordon-Levitt from "Don Jon."
"She made me better, she made all of us better, she makes the films she works on better," said Roach, who directed Moore in the made-for-television movie "Game Change" about Sarah Palin. "This is why so many incredible directors have been desperate to work with her."
Moore also got to celebrate the day with her family, including her husband, director Bart Freundlich and their two children. She thanked them for their support, saying, "I am so grateful for you everyday."
"Thank you for making my real life better than any story I've ever read and ever been in," Moore said.
The 52-year-old actress is currently filming the sequel "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay."
City News Service contributed to this report.
celebrity, hollywood, entertainment
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)