Julianne Moore receives star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Hollywood's latest Walk of Fame honor went to actress Julianne Moore, whose career includes four Oscar nominations and Primetime and Daytime Emmys.
Moore received the 2,507th star on the sidewalk outside the W Hollywood Hotel on Hollywood Boulevard. She was lauded by filmmaker Jay Roach and co-stars of her two most recent films: Chloe Grace Mortez from the thriller "Carrie" and Joseph Gordon-Levitt from "Don Jon."
"She made me better, she made all of us better, she makes the films she works on better," said Roach, who directed Moore in the made-for-television movie "Game Change" about Sarah Palin. "This is why so many incredible directors have been desperate to work with her."
Moore also got to celebrate the day with her family, including her husband, director Bart Freundlich and their two children. She thanked them for their support, saying, "I am so grateful for you everyday."
"Thank you for making my real life better than any story I've ever read and ever been in," Moore said.
The 52-year-old actress is currently filming the sequel "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay."
City News Service contributed to this report.
celebrity, hollywood, entertainment
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
36 min ago