Singer Austin Mahone treated for blood clot; tour postponed
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Teen singer Austin Mahone has postponed his tour until next year while he's treated for a blood clot in his throat.
Mahone shared a picture on Instagram of himself, along with the message: "I've never felt so bad."
A representative for the 17-year-old said Mahone was admitted Thursday with a 104 temperature, extreme inflammation in his throat and severe dehydration.
The teen heartthrob launched into stardom on YouTube. The music video for his single "What About Love" has close to 50 million views.
Mahone won the artist to watch award at this year's MTV Video Music Awards. He's expected to release his debut album next year.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
health, celebrity, music news, entertainment
- Search resumes for hiker in Santa Clarita 7 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 15 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat 54 min ago
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
51 min ago