Singer Austin Mahone treated for blood clot; tour postponed
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Teen singer Austin Mahone has postponed his tour until next year while he's treated for a blood clot in his throat.
Mahone shared a picture on Instagram of himself, along with the message: "I've never felt so bad."
A representative for the 17-year-old said Mahone was admitted Thursday with a 104 temperature, extreme inflammation in his throat and severe dehydration.
The teen heartthrob launched into stardom on YouTube. The music video for his single "What About Love" has close to 50 million views.
Mahone won the artist to watch award at this year's MTV Video Music Awards. He's expected to release his debut album next year.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
health, celebrity, music news, entertainment
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax 56 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court 5 min ago
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age 48 min ago
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- First women move into Army combat jobs 55 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; hundreds rescued 47 min ago
- Tax Day: How to avoid penalties on your return
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments