Rihanna booted from mosque after Instagram photos
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates (KABC) -- Photos from pop star Rihanna's Instagram account didn't go over quite so well in the United Arab Emirates.
The Instagram photos of the singer, who played a show in Abu Dhabi on Saturday, show her dressed in all black with a headscarf on, posing in front of a mosque.
Overseers of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque say they asked Rihanna to leave the compound because Rihanna was in an area that is normally off limits to the public, and the fashion-style photo session violated rules on the "status and sanctity of the mosque."
Rihanna hasn't publicly responded to the actions by the staff.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured 55 min ago
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway 1 min ago
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 17 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office 39 min ago
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians