Conan O'Brien to call Breeder's Cup race at Santa Anita Park
ARCADIA, Calif. (KABC) -- Late-night TV host Conan O'Brien has a side gig scheduled for next week: He'll be calling the Breeder's Cup at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia on November 1.
O'Brien is scheduled to call the second race of the day. He'll share the booth with longtime track announcer Trevor Denman.
Denman says his advice to O'Brien is to "keep it simple and try and have fun with it."
The Breeder's Cup World Championships will be held November 1-2, comprising 15 races with more than $25 million in prize money. It's the richest event in thoroughbred racing.
O'Brien hosts "Conan" weeknights on TBS.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, television, entertainment
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 18 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies 8 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video