Cher to perform, guest judge on 'Dancing With The Stars'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Cher is expected to be a guest judge and also perform on next week's episode of "Dancing With The Stars."
The iconic singer and actress will open the show with a performance of the song "Believe" on Nov. 4, ABC announced during Monday's broadcast. After her performance, Cher will join Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli at the judges' table.
The competition is heating up for the seven remaining couples, who will compete in two rounds of dance next week. In the first round, the couples will tackle a dance style they have not previously performed, including Tango, Argentine Tango, Contemporary, Viennese Waltz, Jazz, Disco and Foxtrot.
In a special twist, the couple to get the highest total score from the judges will receive immunity and not be subject to elimination.
In the second round of dance, the couples will compete in a dance-off.
To close the show, Cher will perform her new single, "I Hope You Find It" from her current album, "Closer To The Truth."
Cher, who has had a career spanning nearly 50 years, has various awards under her belt, including an Oscar, Emmy, Grammy, Golden Globe as well as accolades from the Cannes Film Festival and the People's Choice Awards.
dancing with the stars, television, celebrity, entertainment
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon 43 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 5 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 22 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator 33 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary 6 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'