The Jonas Brothers breakup announced
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Musical trio The Jonas Brothers has announced they are breaking up.
Nick, Joe and Kevin made the announcement Tuesday. Publicist Jesse Derris confirmed the news and said no other details were available.
In an interview with People magazine, they said the decision was unanimous due to a "deep rift in the band." Nick Jonas even said he was feeling trapped.
The news comes after the cancellation of their tour earlier this month. The band was due to release their fifth album later this year.
The New Jersey brothers formed the band in 2005 and built a fan base through their association with the Disney Channel.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs 21 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones 16 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)