The Jonas Brothers breakup announced
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Musical trio The Jonas Brothers has announced they are breaking up.
Nick, Joe and Kevin made the announcement Tuesday. Publicist Jesse Derris confirmed the news and said no other details were available.
In an interview with People magazine, they said the decision was unanimous due to a "deep rift in the band." Nick Jonas even said he was feeling trapped.
The news comes after the cancellation of their tour earlier this month. The band was due to release their fifth album later this year.
The New Jersey brothers formed the band in 2005 and built a fan base through their association with the Disney Channel.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline 31 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians