Mariska Hargitay receives Walk of Fame star
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" star Mariska Hargitay is the latest star to be inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The Emmy-winning actress received the 2,511th star Friday morning. The honor comes as the NBC legal drama celebrates its 15th season.
While Hargitay is thrilled with the honor, it's the location of the star that she was especially pleased about. Her star on the 6300 block of Hollywood Boulevard is right next to the star of her late mother, actress Jayne Mansfield.
Inspired by her role in "SVU," Hargitay founded the Joyful Heart Foundation in 2004, which aims to heal, educate and empower victims of sexual assault, domestic violence and child abuse. The foundation has served more than 13,500 people through its programs and connected more than 1.5 million people through its website, blogs and social media efforts.
Hargitay's other television credits include roles in the CBS police drama "Downtown" during the 1986-87 season, the CBS comedy "Can't Hurry Love" during the 1995-96 season and the 1997 NBC police drama, "Prince Street."
She has also acted in episodes of "ER" and "Ellen." She also played an NBC executive in the fourth season of NBC's classic comedy, "Seinfeld."
City News Service contributed to this report.
celebrity, hollywood, entertainment
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 17 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed 33 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)