Mariska Hargitay receives Walk of Fame star
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" star Mariska Hargitay is the latest star to be inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The Emmy-winning actress received the 2,511th star Friday morning. The honor comes as the NBC legal drama celebrates its 15th season.
While Hargitay is thrilled with the honor, it's the location of the star that she was especially pleased about. Her star on the 6300 block of Hollywood Boulevard is right next to the star of her late mother, actress Jayne Mansfield.
Inspired by her role in "SVU," Hargitay founded the Joyful Heart Foundation in 2004, which aims to heal, educate and empower victims of sexual assault, domestic violence and child abuse. The foundation has served more than 13,500 people through its programs and connected more than 1.5 million people through its website, blogs and social media efforts.
Hargitay's other television credits include roles in the CBS police drama "Downtown" during the 1986-87 season, the CBS comedy "Can't Hurry Love" during the 1995-96 season and the 1997 NBC police drama, "Prince Street."
She has also acted in episodes of "ER" and "Ellen." She also played an NBC executive in the fourth season of NBC's classic comedy, "Seinfeld."
City News Service contributed to this report.
celebrity, hollywood, entertainment
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast 7 min ago
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million 16 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians