Jenni Rivera boutique opens in Panorama City
PANORAMA CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A boutique honoring Mexican-American music icon Jenni Rivera opened in Panorama City Saturday.
The store is located in the 8500 block of Van Nuys Boulevard.
It features clothes with the singer's initials, J-R, an exclusive line of Jenni jeans, and Jenni Rivera perfume. All of her albums are also available at the boutique.
Hundreds of fans lined up outside the store in anticipation.
The singer, businesswoman and actress was among seven people who died in a plane crash shortly after takeoff in northern Mexico last December.
The jet was built in 1969 and records show it sustained substantial damage in an accident in 2005 when it experienced a fuel system malfunction. Air traffic controllers lost contact with the U.S.-registered Learjet 25 about 10 minutes after takeoff.
The plane plunged more than 28,000 feet in a nose dive, disintegrated on impact and much of the wreckage was immediately recognizable.
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
7 min ago