Diane Disney Miller, daughter of Walt Disney, dies at 79
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Diane Disney Miller, the daughter of Walt Disney, has died. She was 79.
According to The Walt Disney Family Museum, Miller died Tuesday of complications from a fall.
"We are deeply saddened by the loss of Diane Disney Miller and our thoughts are with her family during his difficult time," Disney President and CEO Bob Iger said in a statement. "As the beloved daughter of Walt Disney and one of his inspirations for creating Disneyland, she holds a special place in the history of The Walt Disney Company and in the hearts of fans everywhere. She will be remembered for her grace and generosity and tireless work to preserve her father's legacy, and she will be greatly missed by all who knew her."
Miller and her husband, Ron, have seven children. She was a key proponent for the construction of the Walt Disney Concert Hall in downtown Los Angeles.
She also helped to preserve her father's legacy with the creation of the Walt Disney Family Museum, which opened in San Francisco in 2009.
obituary, famous death, entertainment
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks