Bruce Springsteen 'Born to Run' manuscript to be auctioned
NEW YORK (KABC) -- An original handwritten manuscript of Bruce Springsteen's 1975 hit "Born to Run," is slated for auction.
Sotheby's made the announcement Wednesday. The document goes up for auction Dec. 5. Sotheby's said it is expected to bring in between $70,000 to $100,000. The manuscript was formerly part of the collection of Springsteen's former manager, Mike Appel, the auction company said.
"Born to Run" is one of Springsteen's biggest hits, and was ranked No. 21 on Rolling Stone Magazine's list of all-time greatest songs.
Sotheby's said most of the lines in the 1974 manuscript are apparently unpublished and unrecorded, but the manuscript does include "a nearly perfected chorus."
The manuscript was written in Long Branch, N.J., in blue ink on an 8½-by-11 sheet of ruled notepaper.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, music news, entertainment
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 5 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 3 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- Missing flight's last words were routine 30 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic 42 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- CA DMV mulls how to regulate driverless cars
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 26 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand 9 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons
- Unbelievable scenes from Colorado car chase
53 min ago
- Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
52 min ago