Billy Joel to perform at Hollywood Bowl for 1st time
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Great news for Billy Joel fans in Southern California! The iconic singer-songwriter is coming to the Hollywood Bowl.
Joel will perform at the venue for the first time ever on Saturday, May 17. Tickets for the show are set to go on sale Friday, Dec.13.
Joel has sold over 150 million albums worldwide, and he is the sixth best-selling recording artist of all time and the third best-selling solo artist.
The singer-songwriter has received six Grammy Awards, including the Grammy Legend Award. He has also been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as well as the Songwriter's Hall of Fame.
News of his first Hollywood Bowl concert comes on the same week that Joel announced his residency at the famed Madison Square Garden in New York City. This means that Joel will perform at the venue every month as long as New Yorkers demand.
He's set to perform sold-out shows on Jan. 27, Feb. 3, March 21 and April 28. He will also perform on his 65th birthday, which is May 9.
celebrity, hollywood, music news, entertainment
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary 42 min ago
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence 55 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker