Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details come to light
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Monday marks the one-year anniversary of singer Jenni Rivera's death, and new details are emerging about the plane crash that ended her life.
Mexico's aviation investigation agency last week released its findings on the crash. The report revealed that the pilot, a 78-year-old man, was too old for his license. The plane was also in poor condition. The 43-year-old learjet was flying unevenly and shaking when it reached cruising speed, and the plane's problems had been neglected by the plane's owner, the report said.
Rivera, 43, was killed in the crash in mountains of northern Mexico. Two pilots, Rivera's lawyer, publicist, hairdresser and makeup artists were also killed.
Hours before the crash, Rivera performed what would be her last concert in Monterrey. A new album that includes music from the concert will be released on Tuesday.
celebrity, famous death, entertainment
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 8 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital 4 min ago
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)