Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues, official says
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Investigators have found no evidence that the Porsche carrying actor Paul Walker had mechanical problems before it crashed.
The accident that killed the 40-year-old "Fast & Furious" actor and his friend, 38--year-old Roger Rodas, also had nothing to do with debris in the roadway, according to a law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation, who spoke with the Associated Press.
The official said investigators are looking at "speed and speed alone."
Rodas, Walker's friend and financial adviser, was driving the 2005 Porsche Carrera GT when it crashed into a light pole and tree and burst into flames in Valencia on Nov. 30.
The data recorders of the car survived and may produce information to pinpoint the speed, according to detectives.
Investigators have a speed range at which they think the car was traveling but they are waiting for Porsche engineers to extract information from onboard data collectors.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, famous death, car crash, santa clarita valley, entertainment
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested 4 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 23 min ago
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58 37 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case 31 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought 19 min ago
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance 16 min ago
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store 32 min ago
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members 53 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 51 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 43 min ago
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour