'Fast & Furious 7' to be released in April 2015
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Fast & Furious 7" will be released on April 10, 2015, instead of July of next year following the tragic death of actor Paul Walker.
Vin Diesel posted the news on Facebook with a photo of himself and Walker, saying it was "the last scene we filmed together."
Walker, 40, and his friend, 38-year-old Roger Rodas, were killed in a fiery car accident in Valencia on Nov. 30. The 2005 Porsche Carrera GT they were in slammed into a light pole and tree, and then burst into flames.
Shooting on the film was about halfway finished at the time of the crash. Universal Pictures says Walker will still appear in the movie, but it's unclear how the studio will handle the unfinished performance.
The franchise has been one of Universal's most lucrative, grossing almost $2.4 billion worldwide since 2001. The last film, "Fast & Furious 6," made $789 million.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, famous death, movie news, entertainment
- Ambulance crash: 3 injured in Signal Hill 58 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 6 min ago
- Alleged arsonist sets fire in Hollywood 56 min ago
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role