Rob Reiner returns to big screen in Scorsese's 'Wolf of Wall Street'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Rob Reiner returns to the big screen in Martin Scorsese's "The Wolf of Wall Street."
Leonardo DiCaprio is "the wolf of wall street" in the film, which is based on the best-selling memoir by Jordan Belfort about a guy who takes Wall Street by storm but gets caught up with crime and corruption, sex and drugs, money and power. Reiner plays his father.
"He's a very volatile guy, but he also is really unhappy to see his son out of control. So, you know, the max will get out of control, but he'll bring it back in, whereas his son is unbridled. And I think it's sad for a father to see a son go down that path. He tries to rein him in as back as he can and is unsuccessful," said Reiner.
Reiner was thrilled to work on a film with the Oscar-winning director.
"Martin Scorsese is one of the great filmmakers of all time, so when he asks you to be in a movie, you don't ask questions, you just do it," said Reiner.
Co-star Kyle Chandler feels the same way about the renowned director.
"For me to be on a set of this caliber with Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio, you get your first day of shooting, there's a certain amount of tension that can arise in you, enough to shut down if you're not careful. But it wasn't necessary, everyone was just fantastic," said Chandler.
"The Wolf of Wall Street" is now playing. It carries a well-earned "R" rating.
celebrity, movie news, entertainment, george pennacchio
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnapping 19 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested 6 min ago
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 43 min ago
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- S.Korean ferry: Vice principal commits suicide 52 min ago
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet 6 min ago
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Covered California enrolls nearly 1.4M people
34 min ago