Golden Globes 2014: 'American Hustle,' '12 Years a Slave' win big
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- The Hollywood Foreign Press Association honored some serious subject matter at the 71st annual Golden Globe Awards Sunday night. But the movie that took home the most awards came from the comedy category.
The 1970s con-artist comedy "American Hustle" won big, taking home the prize for best movie musical or comedy and earning acting awards for Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence.
Adams won her first Golden Globe for best actress in a comedy or musical, and Lawrence took best supporting actress for her performance.
The historical drama "12 Years a Slave" took home the Golden Globes for best movie drama.
Best actor in the comedy category went to Leonardo DiCaprio for "The Wolf Of Wall Street." He gave all the credit for his performance to his director.
"I'm just thankful that Martin Scorsese is still this punk rock at 71 years old. This man's amazing, one of the greatest artists of our time," said DiCaprio.
Matthew McConaughey won best actor in a drama for "Dallas Buyers Club." Drama's actress prize went to Cate Blanchett for "Blue Jasmine."See the complete list of winners for the 71st annual Golden Globes Awards
For TV, AMC's "Breaking Bad" won for best drama TV series and best actor in a drama series for Bryan Cranston. The show ended its critically acclaimed run in the fall. This was the first Golden Globe award for the show and Cranston, who called his honor "a lovely way to say goodbye."
The Fox detective comedy "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" won for best television comedy.
The 71st annual Golden Globes took place at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, with last year's co-hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler picking up right where they left off.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
television, movie news, award shows, entertainment
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role