Kimmel's show heads to SXSW festival in March
PASADENA, Calif. -- Jimmy Kimmel is taking his late-night show to Texas for the South by Southwest festival.
ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" said Thursday it will air five shows in March from Austin. The Texas city hosts the international showcase for music, film and interactive projects that's in its 28th year.
Kimmel's guests will include celebrities and musical performers from South by Southwest, along with comedy segments shot at the festival and around Texas, according to the show.
"Jimmy Kimmel Live" will air from Austin beginning March 10. Kimmel quipped that he'll be the guy "covered in barbeque sauce."
Kimmel's visit to South by Southwest comes just after Jimmy Fallon takes over NBC's "Tonight" from Jay Leno in February.
hollywood, celebrity, entertainment
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 58 min ago
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists' 15 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants
- 'Returnaholics' punished by some retailers
46 min ago
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
39 min ago