Guy Fieri's Lamborghini thief gets life in prison
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. (KABC) -- A 19-year-old man who stole celebrity chef Guy Fieri's Lamborghini was sentenced to life in prison Thursday. The man was convicted of a series of crimes, including attempted murder.
Max Wade was found guilty of attempted murder, vehicle theft and other crimes. He was under 18 when the crimes were committed but he was charged as an adult.
Wade was found guilty of committing a 2012 drive-by shooting in Mill Valley in which he fired at two acquaintances in a fit of jealousy over one dating the other.
The shooting investigation led police to Wade's storage locker, where they discovered Guy Fieri's $200,000 Lamborghini. The car was stolen in 2011 from a San Francisco dealership after the thief climbed in through a high window.
Wade was separately sentenced to 21 years and four months in prison. He does have the possibility of parole.
Fieri is best known for his Food Network show "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 20 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire 40 min ago
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster 33 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident 43 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg 48 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Highway dedicated to detective Jeremiah...
39 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
11 min ago