Guy Fieri's Lamborghini thief gets life in prison
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. (KABC) -- A 19-year-old man who stole celebrity chef Guy Fieri's Lamborghini was sentenced to life in prison Thursday. The man was convicted of a series of crimes, including attempted murder.
Max Wade was found guilty of attempted murder, vehicle theft and other crimes. He was under 18 when the crimes were committed but he was charged as an adult.
Wade was found guilty of committing a 2012 drive-by shooting in Mill Valley in which he fired at two acquaintances in a fit of jealousy over one dating the other.
The shooting investigation led police to Wade's storage locker, where they discovered Guy Fieri's $200,000 Lamborghini. The car was stolen in 2011 from a San Francisco dealership after the thief climbed in through a high window.
Wade was separately sentenced to 21 years and four months in prison. He does have the possibility of parole.
Fieri is best known for his Food Network show "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought 32 min ago
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian 19 min ago
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres 31 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Alcohol sting busts adults buying for minors 3 min ago
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Tyler The Creator arrested at SXSW festival
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report