Justin Bieber surrenders to Toronto police for alleged assault
TORONTO (KABC) -- Canadian pop star Justin Bieber on Wednesday turned himself in at a Toronto police station on charges related to an alleged assault in December.
A huge crowd was waiting for Bieber outside the police station. An official says the charge has to do with an alleged assault on a limo driver.
At the time of the assault, Toronto police were unclear if Bieber was involved or if it was someone in his entourage. Bieber's attorney says he expects the case to be treated as a low-level offense and says his client is innocent.
Just moments before Bieber turned himself in, he posted a video on his Instagram account and he didn't seem to be worried about surrendering to police. In the video, he told fans to check out his new music video for the song "Confident."
Earlier Wednesday, the 19-year-old singer pleaded not guilty to charges related to his DUI arrest in Miami, where he was pulled over for allegedly street racing and driving with an expired license.
Bieber also remains under investigation for felony vandalism. He's accused of egging his neighbor's home in Calabasas, causing thousands of dollars in damage.
Beiber has also just settled a lawsuit with a former bodyguard who accused the singer of assaulting him backstage before one of his concerts.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, arrest, entertainment
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)