Eyewitness Newsmakers: Human trafficking
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- This week on Eyewitness Newsmakers: Human trafficking.
Slavery is not just for the history books.
Human trafficking is one of the fastest growing crimes in modern times. In the United States, Los Angeles is one of the epicenters.
Eyewitness News talked to experts, including actress Julia Ormond, who is the United Nations Goodwill Ambassador on human trafficking, and to a trafficking survivor.
For more information about the Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficing (CAST): www.castla.org
You can also call (888) KEY-2-FREE to contact CAST.
- Video: Eyewitness Newsmakers, Part 1
- Video: Eyewitness Newsmakers, Part 2
- Video: Eyewitness Newsmakers, Part 3
eyewitness newsmakers, adrienne alpert
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash 13 min ago
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 7 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 attacked by bees in La Cañada Flintridge 38 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 51 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 28 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 32 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks