Eyewitness Newsmakers: Human trafficking
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- This week on Eyewitness Newsmakers: Human trafficking.
Slavery is not just for the history books.
Human trafficking is one of the fastest growing crimes in modern times. In the United States, Los Angeles is one of the epicenters.
Eyewitness News talked to experts, including actress Julia Ormond, who is the United Nations Goodwill Ambassador on human trafficking, and to a trafficking survivor.
For more information about the Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficing (CAST): www.castla.org
You can also call (888) KEY-2-FREE to contact CAST.
- Video: Eyewitness Newsmakers, Part 1
- Video: Eyewitness Newsmakers, Part 2
- Video: Eyewitness Newsmakers, Part 3
eyewitness newsmakers, adrienne alpert
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4 27 min ago
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments