Eyewitness Newsmakers: Bernard Parks
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- This week on Eyewitness Newsmakers: L.A. Councilman Bernard Parks.
Los Angeles Councilman Bernard Parks is the chairman of the Los Angeles City Council Budget and Finance Committee and the point man on the city's budget crisis.
Currently, it's $200 million of red ink, and could balloon to a billion.
Are a thousand more city jobs on the chopping block?
Eyewitness News spoke with this former police chief about the city's budget, jobs and why he voted against the city's new medical marijuana ordinance.
You can voice your opinion at these upcoming community hearings.
Budget on the Road Meetings
Van Nuys City Hall
Jan. 26, 6:00 p.m.
14410 Sylvan St
Van Nuys, CA 91401
Hamilton High School - Cafeteria
Feb. 22, 6:00 p.m.
2955 S. Robertson Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90034
El Sereno Recreation Center
March 8th, 6:00 p.m.
4721 Klamath St.
Los Angeles, CA 90032
Central Avenue Constituent Services Center
March 22, 6:00 p.m.
4301 S. Central Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90011
- Video: Eyewitness Newsmakers, Part 1
- Video: Eyewitness Newsmakers, Part 2
- Video: Eyewitness Newsmakers, Part 3
- Video: Eyewitness Newsmakers, Part 4
eyewitness newsmakers, adrienne alpert
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California 59 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades 40 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny 1 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'