Eyewitness Newsmakers: Bernard Parks
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- This week on Eyewitness Newsmakers: L.A. Councilman Bernard Parks.
Los Angeles Councilman Bernard Parks is the chairman of the Los Angeles City Council Budget and Finance Committee and the point man on the city's budget crisis.
Currently, it's $200 million of red ink, and could balloon to a billion.
Are a thousand more city jobs on the chopping block?
Eyewitness News spoke with this former police chief about the city's budget, jobs and why he voted against the city's new medical marijuana ordinance.
You can voice your opinion at these upcoming community hearings.
Budget on the Road Meetings
Van Nuys City Hall
Jan. 26, 6:00 p.m.
14410 Sylvan St
Van Nuys, CA 91401
Hamilton High School - Cafeteria
Feb. 22, 6:00 p.m.
2955 S. Robertson Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90034
El Sereno Recreation Center
March 8th, 6:00 p.m.
4721 Klamath St.
Los Angeles, CA 90032
Central Avenue Constituent Services Center
March 22, 6:00 p.m.
4301 S. Central Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90011
- Video: Eyewitness Newsmakers, Part 1
- Video: Eyewitness Newsmakers, Part 2
- Video: Eyewitness Newsmakers, Part 3
- Video: Eyewitness Newsmakers, Part 4
eyewitness newsmakers, adrienne alpert
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months