Lori Corbin's one-minute workout: Whittle your middle
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- This week's one-minute workout is a great way to whittle your middle.
Stand with your feet hip width apart and grab something with weight to it, like a can of soup or jar of pasta sauce. Tense your stomach muscles like a fist and take your weight from one hip bone to the other and back again.
Keep your knees slightly bent and, again, your stomach tense. This in turn will not only help strengthen your core, but also provide a unique stretch in your low back area.
If you want to progress to your upper back and core, take the arms into a tick-tock position at chest level. The elbows will be slightly bent with most of the action and energy coming from your waistline. Then bend one elbow and pull back with some effort at shoulder level, straighten your back out front. Repeat. When you're ready, do the same move on the other side.
For a bonus move, count to three, lifting your knee on three while you rock high and low to really fire up your furnace.
exercise, health, food coach, lori corbin
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls 38 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Does your child have oral allergy syndrome?
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10