Lori Corbin's one-minute workout: Side bends
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- For this week's one-minute workout, a side bend with bicep curl is a great way to wake up the middle of your body because it's a stretch and a strength move at the same time.
Grab cans or jars, something with weight to it, for each hand. First try side bends, taking the weight down the side of the leg, leaning sideways in the same direction. Stand tall and go to the other side. You will feel your obliques, which are the abdominal muscles on the sides of your body.
Once you feel good about those, add a bicep curl as you lean to one side. Think about your elbow glued at your waist, curling your weight up as you bring your body down to the side to meet it. And then stand up tall and repeat on the other side, making sure your abdominals are tense like a fist at the center. Do as many as you can for 60 seconds.
exercise, health, food coach, lori corbin
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 43 min ago
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators 28 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy